Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wii Light Sword


It is hard to believe that it has only been a year since the Wiimote has been released. Since then, Nintendo has made it a modern electronics icon. The way a user could use it as a sword in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has eventually led to this.

Play.com is offering an attachment to your Wiimote with the Wii Light Sword. As you can see, it is a saber attachment for your Wii that uses 22 ultra bright LEDs. It is powered by 3 AA batteries which I am assuming is apart from the two AAs normally required to power the Wiimote.

I am assuming that whoever made this product is meant to go somewhat in tandem with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a game where a player can use their Wiimote like a lightsaber. Why not add this visual element for greater excitement? Of course, you don’t need the game to want one of these.

Of course, judging by the picture that I can see, I can’t help but wonder if the lightsaber blade looks a little…small. But the last thing you want is saber-envy, and after all: “Size matters not. Look at me, judge me by my size?”

I believe the Wii Light Sword will be available soon at a price of about $31.00. Now, if it only made the humming noises.

No comments: